Increase traffic on your website free of cost, updated
There are many ways you can increase traffic on your website, and in today’s post, we’re going to look at most of them, including several ways to boost site traffic for FREE.
Stop for a second and ask yourself where your target audience is right now. Where do people in your target audience get together to talk about your industry. Find those places.
Then go there and just talk to people or find other creative ways of getting them to notice you and your site. That is the quickest way to generate interest in your site immediately.
Look around the internet for existing websites where people are already talking about the topic related to your blog.
The following is a list of the exact tools I used to create and set up my blog:
- Yoast SEO for site SEO
- Akismet for preventing comment spam.
- Auto Post Thumbnail for automatic generation of featured images.
- SocialWarfare for social bookmarking icons.
- Jetpack by WordPress for multiple purposes, including stats in dashboard.
- No Self Pings to stop self-pinging!
- PushPress for faster indexing.
- SEO Friendly Images for image level SEO.
- Shortpixels for image compression.
- WP Super Cache for caching. An alternative is W3 Total Cache.
There are several top blogs in your niche (like this one) that get hundreds if not thousands of visitors on a daily basis. The proper way to do blog commenting is to thoroughly read the post and if you have something useful or meaningful to add to the conversation, then leave a comment.
The purpose of commenting isn’t to drop a link, but to add value to the conversation and to grow your network. Use your real name as the commenter and a percentage of readers will click through to learn more about you.
Just create great content and Google will reward you with traffic, right? Maybe, if you have an established website with lots of trust and authority. Not so much, if you have a new blog or website. The workaround for this is getting your content listed on popular content aggregators, where lots of people will see it.
There is no magic formula for content marketing success, despite what some would have you believe. For this reason, vary the length and format of your content to make it as appealing as possible to different kinds of readers. Intersperse shorter, news-based blog posts with long-form content as well as video, infographics and data-driven pieces for maximum impact.
Implementing schema (or another microdata format) won’t necessarily increase traffic to your website on its own, but it will make it easier for search engine bots to find and index your pages. Another benefit of using schema for SEO is that it can result in better rich site snippets, which can improve click-through rates.
LinkedIn has become much more than a means of finding another job. The world’s largest professional social network is now a valuable publishing platform in its own right, which means you should be posting content to LinkedIn on a regular basis. Doing so can boost traffic to your site, as well as increase your profile within your industry – especially if you have a moderate to large following.
The days when internet browsing was done exclusively on desktop PCs are long gone. Today, more people than ever before are using mobile devices to access the web, and if you force your visitors to pinch and scroll their way around your site, you’re basically telling them to go elsewhere. Ensure that your website is accessible and comfortably viewable across a range of devices, including smaller smartphones.
Link to other bloggers in your post. That’s really all there is to it. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is never linking out. Link out to others in your posts and they will take notice of you, most of them will tweet about your post at the very least. Some of them will even link back to you. This is a easy and free way to get traffic. Just don’t forget about your readers and make sure that the links are relevant.
Take Advantage Of Communities like Bloggers.com. Bloggers is a huge community of bloggers from every niche. Participating here will send you the best kind of traffic because everyone here is capable of linking to you. Not only will you directly get traffic to your blog from Bloggers but you will also end up getting traffic from any of these visitors who end up linking to you. Getting traffic from Bloggers is simple. Create a full profile like and just start exploring. Find people in your niche that interest you and comment and vote on their profiles or blogs. Most of the time they will vote you back and you will end up getting that much more exposure in the community.
Participating in discussions on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn are proven website traffic-generating processes. Remember to always link to your website. Internet users will always search for and exchange content. You just have to find out what they’re searching for and supply them with unique content.
Some popular aggregators include:
- Alltop bills itself as the “online magazine rack” of the Web.
- com is a community of small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Growth Hackers is a community sharing online marketing techniques.
- Hacker News is a social news website that caters to programmers and entrepreneurs.
- org is a community sharing and discussing content and online marketing ideas.
Additional steps that I followed:
- Made the blog’s SEO perfect.
- Took extreme care of content quality and keyword score.
- Made a few videos on YouTube and linked them to my blog in the description, generating additional traffic. This also helped me generate backlinks.
- Submitted my sitemap to major search engines. (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.)
- Submitted my blog to traffic estimator sites using IMT submitter. Note: Don’t build more than 50 links using them in a day.
- Created a logo using a free online logo maker.
- Set Up Google AMP.
- Set Up Facebook Instant Articles.
This is very possible.
You have to keep in mind though- this is not easy if you don’t have a specialized team by your side, that knows what they’re doing and when to adjust the strategy.
With careful planning, an SEO focused content strategy, and an understanding of the power of information architecture – you can grow a new website to over 100,000 organic visitors per month in less than 1 year.